Cautionary Word on Licenses and Intellectual Property

Mon Oct 30 04:51:08 UTC 2000

Jake Janovetz wrote:

> Perhaps I'm overly paranoid, but doesn't this almost seem like
> a play by Microsoft to get free software developers into a
> compromising position?  As I read the first couple of lines of
> that article, this is the thought that immediately sprung to
> mind.

That line of conspiracy theory was brought out on slashdot.  Microsoft
has apparently not given any hints on what (if anything) was
taken.  So this is conclusion is reasonable.

> I agree that it is the developer's fault if any (known) illegal
> activity results, however.

<sigh> Something else to be concerned about. :)