OS hooks?

Rosimildo da Silva rdasilva at connecttel.com
Mon Oct 30 23:53:07 UTC 2000

Jake Janovetz wrote:

> Howdy...
>
>    I'd like to know where I can find a list (if there is one) of
> OS information hooks.  Essentially, I'd like to find out how much
> memory is allocated, how it's allocated, etc.  I know that the
> cpu monitor contains code that extracts the number of ticks spent
> in each thread.  This sort of information is nice.  Is there
> something similar for memory?  I suppose that memory allocation
> is not associated with a thread, but at least the remaining
> heap size is tracked, eh?

I have written something like that as an omniOrb example.
Look at this location:

http://members.nbci.com/rosimildo/rtems_rrm.html

Look at these files:

   src/examples/rtems_rrm/server/resources.h
   src/examples/rtems_rrm/server/resources.cc
   src/examples/rtems_rrm/server/rrm_test.cc

You should be able to remove the OmniOrb depedency of
the "test program" very quickly. Just delete the
threads, and remove the includes.

The resources encapsulation is just a C++ wrapper, and it
should compile just fine without OmniOrb.

Rosimildo da Silva            rdasilva at connectel.com
ConnectTel, Inc.              Austin, TX -- USA
Phone : 512-338-1111          Fax : 512-918-0449
Mobile: 512-632-7579
Company Page: http://www.connecttel.com
Home Page: http://members.xoom.com/rosimildo/