OR32 Newlib Committed to Opencores.org

Tue Sep 5 17:09:53 UTC 2000

I just committed the current RTEMS patch which includes
or32 configuration support to the newlib repository
at opencores.org.  This means that anyone should be able
to check out binutils, gcc, and newlib and build
an or32-rtems toolset.

NOTE: I just built C.  The last time I tried C++, the
compiler died.

I can post detailed configure/build instructions but this
much should get folks started:

checkout binutils, gcc, and newlib from opencores.org
mkdir b-binutils
cd b-binutils
../binutils/configure --target=or32-rtems \
  --prefix=/opt/or32-rtems
make all install

cd ..
cd gcc
ln -s ..../newlib/newlib gcc/newlib
mkdir b-gcc
cd b-gcc
../gcc/configure --target=or32-rtems \
    --with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld --with-newlib --verbose \
    --enable-threads --prefix=/opt/or32-rtems \
    --enable-languages="c"
make all install

That puts the tools in /opt/or32-rtems.

NOTE:  There may be some timestamp issues checking gcc
out of cvs.  Please look at the script contrib/egcs_update
for a way to solve this.