RTEMS TCP/IP stack

Alexander D. Tarkhov karabass at mitino.ptt.ru
Tue Sep 19 07:32:14 UTC 2000

Hello Erwin, hello Martti,

I participate in a project, that needs IP over ATM, so I have spent some
hours
watching RTEMS 4.0.0 TCP/IP code.
I do not know exactly from what version of FreeBSD comes the initial
source code,
but modern source code seems to be compatible after __FreeBSD__ is
defined, and
provided (__FreeBSD__ > 2) is false.
Still I am not the right person to answer this question :)

As for IPX and other lower levels, you need to get somewhere if_ipx.c,
if_ipxsubr.c and all the headers required by them. I am successfully
using if_atm.c and if_atmsubr.c from
some (not very hot-up-to-date) FreeBSD stack. Although it took me some
time to get everything working, and it will take me twice more time to
get it working STABLE.
That is only my opinion, comments welcome.

Of-course you will also need to tamper with the example network.c file
written by
W. Eric Norum for M68360 WD1 Ethernet. In your case it should evolve
into RTEMS IPX device driver.

That is what I think. Sorry for the style.
Good luck.

Alexander Tarkhov