Network config issue

Charles-Antoine Gauthier charles.gauthier at nrc.ca
Mon Sep 25 13:29:47 UTC 2000

Has there been any work done to move the network config info into the
RTEMS main source tree somehow?

I am trying to build a new library to support running the libgcj/mauve
tests using the dejagnu framework. This library is basically a C stub
that calls a C function emitted by jvgenmain, which in turns calls the
main Java function. My problem is that I am now introducing a new
library in RTEMS, and that the tests need to have the network
configuration defined. Hence, I would like to have a mechanism by which
the network configuration is defined at the time RTEMS is build.

I believe that Eric Norum was thinking about integrating the networking
tests into the main tree. The same issue would occur in that situation.

How about putting the network config info in the bsp-specific config
files in rtems/make/custom in the form of preprocessor constants? The
structures to initialize the network can then be initialized with these
constants.

--
Charles-Antoine Gauthier
Institute for Information Technology   Institut de technologie de