RTEMS & R3000

Tue Sep 19 18:40:49 UTC 2000

Craig Graham wrote:

> We're currently looking at using RTEMS for a project, but our platform
> uses the R3000 core.
>
> Taking a look at the source, there seems to be a lot of conditional assembly
> stuff in the mips64 tree to target the R3000. Anyone know how complete
> it is?
>
> We don't mind doing a few weeks worth of work to complete the R3000 stuff
> if it's not finished (I've got 3 experienced embedded OS guys who I can put on
> it), but before I do, is anyone else making progress on it already?
>
> The projects page on rtems.com mentions an R3000 port under way, but doesn't
> give a contact for it - if you're that man, please get in touch.....

Alan Cudmore was doing some regorganization to reduce the number
of ifdef's and restate them properly in terms of gcc defined macros
as part of porting to an R3000 class MIPS.  Alan moved jobs and
AFAIK we do not have a current email address.  If anyone has
a current contact for him, it would be greatly appreciated.  I believe
he made some progress that could be capitalized on.

My impression is that the port is not that far off for an R3000.  The
problem is that the ifdef's in there are not as nice as one would like
and done in terms of macros that do not correspond to the way gcc
does multilibs.  I have some private email discussing the ifdef mapping
if you would like it.