PPPD questions.

Mike Siers mikes at poliac.com
Tue Aug 7 17:10:22 UTC 2001

Hi Ilya,
Have you looked at the pppd 2.3.11 man page?  I believe
their is a option for setting the remote and local
IP values <local-ip-address:remote-ip-address>.  There
should also be option settings for specifying the netmask,
DNS, and gateway.

My goal in this port was to try and use the standard pppd
option strings instead of having to determine which global
variables are used for setting a particular option.

I am glad to here the server side works.  I will look into
removing all the exit function calls.  But how do you think
these cases should be handled?  If the pppd code is hitting
an exit function call, then removing the function call will
not fix the problem.

Also, I will make the other changes you requested.  They are
listed below.

  1) rename error function in pppd/utils.c
  2) add RTEMS_PPPD_TASK_PRIORITY value
  3) remove the unessecary files from the pppd directory
  4) change example code to use correct ticks per second value

Thanks for trying it,
Mike Siers