Latest PPPD Source Code

Mike Siers mikes at poliac.com
Fri Aug 10 17:49:26 UTC 2001

Hi,
Here is the latest PPPD code.  I have made the following changes
since the last update:

  - renamed error() function because of namespace problems
  - removed calls to the exit() funciton
  - removed extra files from the pppd source directory
  - defined pppd task constant values in rtemspppd.h
  - modifyied example code to get actual tick per second value
  - placed the pppd 2.3.11 man page file (pppd.8) into the pppd directory

Below is the instructions for using this version of pppd.  Please
try it out and let me know if you have any problems.

  1) Apply patch file to snapshot 2001/07/12
     (if using i386, you also need to update tty_drv.c to use task driven
I/O)
  2) Rename the c/src/libnetworking/pppd directory
  3) Untar the new pppd code into the c/src/libnetworking directory
  4) Rebuild RTEMS
  5) Check out the new example program in c/src/libnetworking/pppd/example

Thanks
Mike Siers