sptests failures

Oliver Wohlmuth (r40010) oliver.wohlmuth at motorola.com
Fri Aug 17 13:34:58 UTC 2001

Hi all,

I'm working on a RTEMS port for an internal developed microprocessor core.
I'm using the RTEMS release 4.5.0 sources. To verify my code, I used the
supplied testsuites under 'sptests'. When tracking the reported missmatches
it seems that a few testsuites contain bugs. To name some examples:

sp24:
-----
    file resume.c:
    The code 'directive_failed_with_level( status, "rtems_task_resume", 1 );'
    returns an error if variable '_Thread_Dispatch_disable_level' != 1.
    As 'resume_task()' is called within the clock ISR, '_Thread_Dispatch_disable_level'
    is  >= 1.
    After commenting this line out, the test did run without problems.

sp26:
----
   file task1.c:
   In line 87, the stack size for the rtems_task_create() call is specified with
   'RTEMS_MINIMUM_STACK_SIZE * 4'. For the calculation of the required amount of
    workspace only 'RTEMS_MINIMUM_STACK_SIZE' is used per task. Therfore test failed
    because it can't allocate memory for all task stacks.
    After removing '*4', the test worked.

- Is it ok that some tests under 'sptests' fail or I'm doing something wrong ?
- Is there a list of tests that are known to fail ?

Thanks in advance,
Oliver

PS: I configured RTEMS with:

../rtems-4.5.0/configure --disable-posix --disable-itron --disable-networking --enable-tests
--target=xxx-rtems