new stuff (snapshot, gdb, etc)

Joel Sherrill joel at OARcorp.com
Fri Aug 17 21:49:20 UTC 2001

Just to let everyone know, a snapshot and new gdb RPMs were
put out yesterday.  Also I wanted to remind everyone that
gcc 2.95.3 RPMs for the snapshots are available.

The gdb RPMs are to include simulators for ALL available CPUs,
to include the "run" command, and to add mipxtx39 RPMs

The snapshot should fix the message send from ISR problem
reported on the list.  It also includes the pppd update and
termios patch from Mike Siers as well as some SH stuff from
Radzislaw Galler.

There will probably be another snapshot in a few days to address a
minor problem I noticed in the test results after posting the snapshot.

After that, my plan is to merge Ralf's patch to move RTEMS to the
latest version of autoconf/automake.  But before I did that, I wanted
to get a pretty stable snapshot out.

So if anyone has patches or problems, please report them ASAP
so they can get in a new snapshot.

The GNAT 3.13p powerpc-rtems RPMs should be available shortly.
If you want to experiment with them before they are generally
available, email me privately.