hello_world Only compiles.

Vivek Vaid vaid at me.iitb.ac.in
Mon Aug 27 19:52:57 UTC 2001

Hello,

I have compiled my first "hello world" program, and transferrd it to a
486pc through Etherboot. I was very glad, as the manual is very precise.

But I am not able to compile any other sample programs.

The env. variable RTEMS_MAKEFILE_PATH is set properly.

The error I get when i try to compile any other example it :
"
/opt/rtems/pc386/lib/include/confdefs.h:1005: #error "CONFIGURATION
ERROR: No tasks or threads configured!!
#endif
"

I noticed that, this error should come if one of the #define's is not
present in c file calling confdefs.h But in all sample programs, it is
done.

My directory structure of the sources of examples is.

/home/src/examples/
		/hello
		/cxx
		/
/home/src/hello
/home/src/net
	/netdemo
	..

I am able to compile Both The Hello Demos (in different
directories). But not any netdemo, or other example.

Please let me know, what mistake I am making.

Do I need to re-compile the full rtems, for each sample program ?

Thanks a lot.

Vivek