Using psim

Thu Aug 9 12:53:05 UTC 2001

Kiran C wrote:

> Hi,
>     I  am trying to use the psim simulator.When I tried to run the sample
> hello application.
> I got the  follwing output
>
> $ powerpc-rtems-run.exe ./hello.exe
> core_find_mapping() - access to unmaped address, attach a default map to
> handle this - addr=0x7de80
> 4 nr_bytes=0x4 processor=0xa015978 cia=0x9164
> .
> How can I over come this.
> psim has got many options what options should I use.
> I have not changed the default memory layout of the Sample Program.

You are right psim takes a lot of arguments. :)  I long ago gave up
invoking it by hand.  Look at c/src/lib/libbsp/powerpc/psim/tools.
There is a script called psim which can be linked to psim-gdb.
Depending
on how it is invoked, it sets up run or gdb for psim.

It is not executable in the source tree and has to have the first line
modified to indicate the shell.