4.5.0 Build Problem - make distclean

Sat Aug 18 19:26:46 UTC 2001

> Steve DeLaney wrote:
>

> I'm building 4.5.0 for 68360 (deliquent upgrade from 3.6.0 !)
>
> On caldera linux build machine, with vanilla 4.5.0, I've successfully
> completed clean build, and run tests/samples/hello on target.  So far
> so good.
>
> Next I'm attempting to "splice" netdemos into the source tree in
> ...c/src/tests.  Netdemos doesn't have its own makefile.am or
> configure.in.

Bad move.  The netdemos are designed to be used with the user level
Makefiles available after the BSP is installed.  If you
splice them into the tree, their Makefiles are totally wrong.
Complicating matters, the netdemos require VERY board specific
configuration
information which is another reason they are not in the main test
tree.

With that said, I would love to have some network tests that depended
only upon the loopback interface.  They could be run with no dependency
on per board configuration and still exercise the stack.