Location of Tools

Tue Aug 21 12:55:52 UTC 2001

> Is it a hard requirement for the pre-built tools to be placed in the "/opt/rtems" directory structure?

It is technically possible to move the tools although it is
not recommended.  In order to do this, you will have to
properly set at least one environment variable
(GCC_EXEC_PREFIX).  That same environment variable is
used by ANY gcc/gnat installation on your machine. So
you can end up confusing the native compiler quite easily.

If you don't have enough disk space in /, simply make
/opt a symbolic link to another directory or make it a
mounted filesystem.  I did that on at least one of
OAR's machines and since it used to be /usr2, I symlinked
/usr2 to /opt so nothing under /usr2 would break.