[newbie] outportb / out8 / out in rtems ?

Wed Aug 29 12:14:12 UTC 2001

Vivek Vaid wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to port my motor controller to rtems.
>
> It was in dos, then in qnx.
> But the control card i have made dont need any driver in the sense that I
> need to simply write some bytes at the port addresses (IO mapped isa slot
> card).
> thus I used the outportb and out8 instructions in previous OSes.
>
> Hence, what are smiliar functions or macros in Rtems ?
> I have seen the code in the chip library. but there in the rt-clock, I
> think memory mapped io is being used.

They have rtems_ in front of them and (I think) should be defined
if you include rtems.h.  The file libbsp/i386/shared/comm/i386_io.h
(don't know offhand if/where it is installed) provides wrappers to
give them the names I think you are expecting.  Check to see if
i386io.h is in your install point. :)