Sound support

Aaron J. Grier aaron at frye.com
Wed Dec 5 00:01:55 UTC 2001

On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 06:22:31AM -0600, Joel Sherrill wrote:

> I know over the years that a few users have done VOIP and MP3 playback
> with RTEMS.  That means there have to be sound drivers out there.  Are
> in in any shape to merge?

I'd be excited about this, if only for the interface specifications.
the BSP-howto only has mention of analog drivers for (comparatively
slow) ADC/DAC operation, and I have been left to my own devices to cook
up an interface for a more conventional "soundcard" of sorts.

it would be insanely great if we could get some cross-BSP compatibility
between drivers.

  Aaron J. Grier  |   Frye Electronics, Tigard, OR   |  aaron at frye.com
     "In a few thousand years people will be scratching their heads
       wondering how on earth the first computer was invented and
          bootstrapped without a prior computer to do it with."
                    --  Chris Malcolm, on comp.arch