RTEMS on gen68360

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Wed Dec 12 17:35:03 UTC 2001

Am Mit, 2001-12-12 um 15.49 schrieb Gerke Kok:
> Hello me again,
> thanks for the quick response! I'll make sure to add the
--enable-rtems-inlines so I know I use the right version. Can you tell
me some more about the --enable-maintainer-mode switch? What does it do?

Basically, it enables make-dependencies between autotool generated
files.

Ie. once you change one of the autotool source files (normally
Makefile.ams, configure.ins or configure.acs) all files depending on the
modified files will be regenerated (cf. AM_ENABLE_MAINTAINER_MODE in
"info automake.info") when running make inside of the build-directory.

> And what's the gain?
Automatically updating configuration files :)

In simple/standard autoconf/automake based configurations this feature
normally is enabled, but we have disabled it by default, to avoid
beginners running into autotool related problems.

Ralf