FADS823 BSP

Josu Onandia jonandia at fagorautomation.es
Mon Feb 5 10:55:47 UTC 2001

Hi,

Some time ago I posted this message:

>>Perhaps someone is interested to know that there is a BSP for the Motorola
>>PowerPC FADS823 board. It's based on the FADS860 BSP (thanks HongSong Li
and
>>Phil Torre). This BSP is still a bit simple, but I'm going to improve it,
>>with some time.

>>The developpment is done through the BDM port using the MPCBDM 2-chip
>>interface from VAS-GmbH and accompanying GDB patches. With the DDD works
>>fine.

>>Now I'd like to add to the BSP a device driver for an IDE disk on the
PCMCIA
>>slot, and I would appreciate very much any help or suggestion.

If I haven't submited this BSP is because I don't consider it has quality
enough. It doesn't support:
	- Startup. It needs to be loaded through BDM
	- Interrupt driven serial line
	- MMU and cache.

I have only used the serial line in polled mode (as console) and the TCP/IP
stack with  FTPD. Perhaps the most interesting part is the support for the
MPC823.

I'm afraid this project shifted down in my priority list (with regret) and
is actually frozen. I would be glad if someone want to take this BSP as a
base for further development.

Joel, please tell me if you want it submited, even although it's so basic.

Josu Onandia