Runtime network configuration

Andrew Bythell abythell at nortelnetworks.com
Tue Feb 20 16:18:24 UTC 2001

Hello all.

This question is about network configuration at run-time.  I am using
the latest RTEMS snapshot with the gen68360 BSP.

I store network settings in an EEPROM. Currently I declare global
rtems_bsdnet_ifconfig and rtems_bsdnet_configuration structures,
allocate memory for these structures, then copy the data from the EEPROM
into the allocated structures.  Then I call
rtems_bsdnet_initialize_network.

Is this the best approach?  Do I have to make these variables global?
What I am finding is that BOOTP/DHCP works fine, but using static
settings causes "Destination Host Unreachable" after some time.  I feel
the source of the problem must be the way I'm assigning the gateway
address.

Any advice is appreciated.

A.
--