ping reply stops after some time

Fri Feb 23 14:11:51 UTC 2001

peter.o.mueller at gmx.de wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have just finished to get our new 68332 hardware up and running (at
> least partly). We use rtems (one of the latest snapshots) together with the
> cs8900 driver from Chris Johns. Everythings looks fine so far.
>
> After a fresh download (via bdm) my target replies to ping several
> times, but after some time (e.g. 6 pings) there was no reply from my
> target anymore. The target is still alive and I can break and debug it
> using bdm. Looking on the network statistics (see below) shows that sill
> ping requests (and lots of other stuff, becaus there is some network
> traffic) are received, but the figures on the transmitter stand still.
>
> I have no idea where to start debugging. My feeling is that the
> transmitter task has stopped working, but I do not really know.
>
> Can someone give me hints how to start debugging?

Some random things to look at ...

  + too many interrupts masked on the chip
  + not returning resources (TX?)
  + "wrapping" some HW list/queue (i.e. 1st n work but n+1
    trips a wrap boundary
  + Is the RX daemon waking up ?

More than likely given > 4K interrupts, you have run out of something.
Check frees and reclamation code. :)