Problems with arm-rtems-gcc

Marc Salem msalem at cse.unsw.edu.au
Wed Jul 11 20:20:08 UTC 2001

On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 09:16:06PM +0800, wangyf(sina) wrote:
> Hi, Dear all,
>
> I have download arm-rtems-gcc-gcc2.95.2newlib1.9.0-2.i386.rpm from ftp.oarcorp.com and install it. I can build RTEMS with it, but it cannot accept "-fpack-struct" option. If I type " arm-rtems-gcc ... -fpack-struct ... ", there is no error happening, but the structures in my program will not be packed.
> Has anyone met such a problem before? Please comment.
> Thanks!

I had problems using arm-linux-gcc 2.95.2 in another project. At the
very least, it generates incorrect code when it optimises 32-bit
constant loading/generation.

This is where it replaced a 32 bit load of a constant from memory with
two instructions to build it using immediates. My assumption was that
the machine description for some ARM instructions was incorrect.

arm gcc 2.95.3 is working fine for me.

 -Marc

--

Marc Salem
m.salem at unsw.edu.au
0416 033 180

UNSW Solar Racing Team          School Of Computer Science & Engineering
http://www.sunswift.com/        http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/