i386 Serial Driver Problem

Mike Siers mikes at poliac.com
Thu Jul 12 22:41:37 UTC 2001

Hi,
I have an application that is trying to establish a ppp connection
on a serial port.  The application can bring up a ppp connection
right after the PC has been rebooted.  However, any other attempts
after this initial ppp connection fail.  All the termios functions seem
to be functioning but it looks like no data is being sent out the
serial port.  I am using the task driven serial driver.

Has anyone else had a similar problem with the i386 serial driver?
Any thoughts or information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mike Siers