BSP choices

lange92 at 2067.resnet.uni.edu lange92 at 2067.resnet.uni.edu
Fri Jul 27 15:25:42 UTC 2001

Hello rtems-users,
  I have been working with the GNAT/RTEMS 4.5.0 release packages, and it
would appear that I have succeeded in compiling the base packages for the
i386 target, and have a directory full of i386-rtems-* tools. However, I
haven't figured out which BSP to build. The README.configure mentions the
i386ex and pc386 targets, but if I don't specify a bsp when I run the
configure script, I see a number of others: pc486 pc586 pc686 ts_386ex.
When I try to compile either of the first 2 with --enable-posix and
defaults for the rest, it aborts with a nice error during the `make all`
step: ../../../../../i386ex/lib/linkcmds:115 parse error.
  Any ideas what I'm doing wrong, or what target I should build? My target
is an AMD 5x86 with no hard disk, and an ne2000 ethernet (realtek 8019).
Eventually I'd like to build a disk which would allow remote booting via
tftp and bootp/dhcp.

  I'm compiling on a Debian linux machine with gnat-3.12p installed with
gcc-2.8.1, and have compiled the i386 target during the first steps.

Any help or words of inspiration would be appreciated.

DanL