GNAT/RTEMS hassles with bit_ada

lange92 at 2067.resnet.uni.edu lange92 at 2067.resnet.uni.edu
Sat Jul 28 23:30:30 UTC 2001

Hello again all,

I just did some tracing of log files, suspecting something went awry when
I compiled the base packages, as evidenced by missing files when I go to
build a bsp. Well, I found out I was right. After some analysis of the log
file I generated with the bit_ada script, I determined that in the ada
section near the end, it executed the first part only, finished it with no
apparent errors, and terminated the script.

Well after some tracing, I finally found the culprit: after going for a
while, it produces the following:

egrep: <snip>/tools/build-i386-elf-tools/gcc/include/reg_types.h: No such file or directory
egrep: <snip>/tools/build-i386-elf-tools/gcc/include/regex.h: No such file or directory
egrep: <snip>/tools/build-i386-elf-tools/gcc/include/sys/lc_core.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: [libgcc.a] Error 1 (ignored)

g-os_lib.o: In function `gnat__os_lib__create_temp_file':
g-os_lib.o(.text+0x2c9): the use of `mktemp' is dangerous, better use `mkstemp'
a-trans3.o: In function `create_var_decl':
a-trans3.o(.text+0x141f): undefined reference to `initializer_constant_valid_p'
a-trans3.o: In function `gigi':
a-trans3.o(.text+0xfa): undefined reference to `set_stack_check_libfunc'
make[1]: *** [../gnat1] Error 1
make: *** [gnat1] Error 2

Do these errors point to something obvious? I didn't patch gcc-2.8.1's
sources with the patch included in the gnat-3.12p-src tarball, but I
didn't see that in the documentation when I was reading it either.

Thanks again.

DanL