Comm ports on Pc386

Angelo Fraietta angelo at hunterlink.net.au
Tue Jul 3 05:52:34 UTC 2001

Thank you for the help you have provided so far. I eventually got the program
to build by adding
#define CONFIGURE_HAS_OWN_DEVICE_DRIVER_TABLE

When I attempt to run the program, I get the message that /dev/ttsy1 & 2 are
initialised, however, I get the messages

RTEMS: creating task sh1 in shell_init() (status: request not satisfied)

I get a similar message for all three tasks.  Additionally, I spawned a task
like the previous attempt, using  fopen ("/dev/ttys1"), however, this fails
also.

The code in its entirety is as follows:

#define TEST_INIT

#include <bsp.h>

void test_main( void );

rtems_task Init(
  rtems_task_argument ignored
)
{
  test_main();
}

/* configuration information */

#include <rtems.h>
#include <tty_drv.h>
#include <console.h>
#include <clockdrv.h>
#include <timerdrv.h>

#define CONFIGURE_RTEMS_INIT_TASKS_TABLE
#define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_TASKS             6

rtems_driver_address_table Device_drivers[] = {
        CONSOLE_DRIVER_TABLE_ENTRY,
        TTY1_DRIVER_TABLE_ENTRY,
        TTY2_DRIVER_TABLE_ENTRY,
        CLOCK_DRIVER_TABLE_ENTRY,
        {NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL},
};

#define CONFIGURE_HAS_OWN_DEVICE_DRIVER_TABLE
#define CONFIGURE_RTEMS_INIT_TASKS_TABLE

/*#define CONFIGURE_APPLICATION_NEEDS_CLOCK_DRIVER*/

#define CONFIGURE_INIT

#include <confdefs.h>
#include <stdio.h>

rtems_id   Task_id;
rtems_name Task_name;

rtems_task Test_task( rtems_task_argument unused);
void test_main()
{
  rtems_status_code status;
  Task_name = rtems_build_name( 'T', 'A', '1', ' ' );
  status = rtems_task_create(
    Task_name, 1, RTEMS_MINIMUM_STACK_SIZE * 2, RTEMS_DEFAULT_MODES,
    RTEMS_DEFAULT_ATTRIBUTES, &Task_id
  );
  status = rtems_task_start( Task_id, Test_task, 1 );

shell_init("sh1",16384,100,"/dev/ttyS1"  ,B9600|CS8,TRUE);
shell_init("sh2",16384,100,"/dev/ttyS2"  ,B9600|CS8,TRUE);
shell_init("shc",16384,100,"/dev/console",B9600|CS8,TRUE);

}

const char* tty_ports [] =
{
 "/dev/ttyS1",
 "/dev/ttyS2"
};

rtems_task Test_task(
  rtems_task_argument unused
)
{

 FILE* fp = fopen (tty_ports [0], "r+");

 if (!fp)
  {
   printf ("Unable to open %s", tty_ports [0]);
  }
 else
  {
   while (1)