termios wakeup callback functions

Mike Siers mikes at poliac.com
Fri Jul 13 13:54:16 UTC 2001

Hi Suvrat,
I am working on a fresh port of pppd 2.3.11 to RTEMS.  I am
also writing some higher level functions to make it easier
to use the pppd code in an application.

The pppd 2.3.11 code still uses global and static variables.
I have not tried to review the code to see if it directly
supports multiple ppp connections.  Once this new port is
working, we could look at this issue.

Do you have any interest in help testing this new version
of pppd?  I have it basically working with the i386/pc586
BSP but I would like it to be tested on some other BSPs
before submitting it to be included into the RTEMS source
tree.

Also, I was wondering if you are seeing this problem.
Basically, if I do a large packet size flood ping
(say 8000 bytes) to RTEMS over the ppp connection, the ping
response times keep getting slower and slower.  This problem
exists for me both in the old and updated version.  I have
not tried updating the low level pppd driver code yet.

Thanks
Mike Siers