Building RTEMS using non-standard compiler names

David J. Fiddes D.J at fiddes.net
Sun Jun 3 16:49:18 UTC 2001

Hi,

>   I would like to build RTEMS for PowerPC 555 and use it with Ada,
using Windows as
> a host.
> I have GNAT for powerPC, but the target C compiler (which is 2.8.1 based) is named
> in a non-standard
> name (i.e. not powerpc-rtems-gcc).  How do we tell RTEMS scripts to use another
> compiler name?

It is possible to use the --program-prefix= configure option to tell it
to use an alternative compiler I think. However you wont get too far
with this as the compiler libraries have to be patched and configured to
work with RTEMS. I have to build two sets of compilers for ColdFire/m68k
work one plain m68k-unknown-elf for standalone work and m68k-rtems-elf
for use with RTEMS.

Dave