Building RTEMS using non-standard compiler names

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Sun Jun 3 16:54:10 UTC 2001

Avy wrote:

> Hello,
>
>   I would like to build RTEMS for PowerPC 555 and use it with Ada, using Windows as
> a host.
> I have GNAT for powerPC, but the target C compiler (which is 2.8.1 based) is named
> in a non-standard
> name (i.e. not powerpc-rtems-gcc).  How do we tell RTEMS scripts to use another
> compiler name?

At present time, in this case (gcc-based toolchain) the probably
simpliest solution is to use symlinks.

However, a gcc-based cross-toolchain not containing its tools in
their canoncialized form, justifies doubts on whether the toolchain
was correctly built/configured (not having them indicates a native
toolchain).

Ralf