Platform Builder

Gerke Kok gerke.kok at tpa-nl.com
Wed Jun 6 07:33:44 UTC 2001

Hello,
this here will be kind of cursing in the church as we say in Dutch but would
it be a nice idea to have a TCL/TK program that will automate the setup of
an initial build dir for a new program? So a starting user would only have
to check some boxes and press the OK-button and end up with a build-dir with
all that is needed to compile a working hello-world program and
network-telnet-shell and anything the user asked for in the 'wizard'?
I myself do not have enough knowledge of the TCL/TK stuff but would like to
have a kit/wizard like it described. It would enlarge the public that wants
to use RTEMS because the start-up of the first proto would be much faster.
If only we had this for the x86 port we could already be a nice match
against windows NT embedded.
This was just an idea, please don't tell me to just do it myself: I just
don't have the funds/time to do so. And ideas can be useful to I hope.
wkr,
Gerke