Platform Builder

rwas rwas mc68332 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 6 20:44:36 UTC 2001

That would be nice. Lot's of stuff would be nice.

At one time, linux was nearly impossible to use by
anyone but an expert. The linux movement slowly picked
up steam and developers developed all kinds of kewl
things like *drivers* and *install scripts*.

I had a similar question about a command line
interface. One fellow is actually working on that. I'm
waiting with anticipation for a stable version of
RTEMS that includes it.

With linux it seemed that features and usability grew
with the patronage of the os. I think RTEMS will be no
different. Unfortunately, it's a bit like catch22. To
get more features, we need more patronage, to get more
patronage, we need RTEMS to be easier to use.

It looks like RTEMS will suffer the same kind of slow
growing pains linux did. I can only hope we can learn
from the linux example to expedite growth of RTEMS for
the RTOS community.