Possible IDE for rtems OS

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Thu Jun 7 23:27:15 UTC 2001

Angelo Fraietta wrote:

> What about K-develop?
IMHO, excellent for KDE/Qt development, nice for c++, but hardly
applicable to anything beyond.

The last time I gave it a try, it did not support cross-compilation,
had severe performance issues if being used with large source-trees
(RTEMS ~9500 files), problems wrt. importing source-trees and
stability problems. Many bugs in detail, bloated.

> Silverio Diquigiovanni wrote:
>
> > http://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html
Can't comment on this one (Win-only is not acceptable for me).

Some time ago I also tried
* Code-Crusader ($$$) - Look-and-Feel resembles to kdevelop, leaner
than kdevelop, poor performance.

* SourceNavigator (formerly $$$$, now GPL) - good performance wrt.
large source-tree, fits nicely into RTEMS.
Some versions have stability issues, developement appears to be more
or less frozen, supported hosts: Unix and Win, tcl/tk based.

You might have guessed it: Outside of the RTEMS project, I am
sometimes using SourceNavigator. Due to the large number of files in
RTEMS, the overhead all these tools impose, is hardly acceptable for
me.

Ralf