rtems build fails for 20010525 ss w/o networking

Jerry Needell jerry.needell at unh.edu
Tue Jun 19 13:15:20 UTC 2001

If I try to build the 20010525 snapshot without networking enabled, it
fails complaining that sys/socket.h is not found. This happens trying to
compile telnetd.c. Has anyone else seen this, or does eveyone use enable
networking? It builds fine with networking enabled.

I am using binutils21.1, newlib1.9.0 and bot gcc 2.95.2 and gcc 3.0
(20010614)

BTW with gcc 3.0 the build faile if I enable POSIX - proble with
arguments to va-arg. I'm
still expeimenting with this. It builds w/o POSIX.

- Jerry
Jerry Needell                     | Internet: jerry.needell at unh.edu
Space Science Center/Morse Hall   | Voice: (603) 862 2732
University Of New Hampshire       | FAX:   (603) 862 0311
Durham, NH 03824                  |