PPC new exception processing and interrupt controller

VALETTE Eric valette at crf.canon.fr
Tue Jun 5 08:25:31 UTC 2001

OUTWATER ~ KEITH J /5G3110 wrote:

> Greetings all -
> I'm trying to get a BSP for a generic powerPC 750 based system up and running
> and I'm having some trouble figuring out how exceptions should be processed.
>
> I'm looking at the motorola_powerpc BSP family, but this set of BSPs is much
> more complex than my application requires.
>
> I have an embedded system with only RAM, FLASH, a NS16550 UART and a custom
> interrupt controller.  That's it!
>
> Can anyone summarize the method/approach for getting interrupts and the
> interrupt controller hooked into RTEMS?  Initially, I'd be happy to get the UART
> interrupt and the internal decrementer runing.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Keith.

You have already execption support. Interrupt are just a particular kind
of exception. So I would chnage the exception handler associated with
exetrnal interrupts (see  BSP_rtems_irq_mng_init in irq_init.c to put
whatever function you want...).

Note that the low level code in irq_asm.c should be OK because it is not
BSP dependent (PIC dependent).

My two 0.02.

--
    __
   /  `                   	Eric Valette - Canon CRF