Compiling rtems under cygwin

Camilo Alejandro Arboleda camilo.arboleda at ascom.com.co
Sat Mar 3 14:50:55 UTC 2001

Hello:

I am new in the list. This is my first try to compile and install a
Real-Time OS's.

I have been trying to compile RTEMS using cygwin as host. At first I
tried compiling binutils and gcc from source code, but I found an error
when I tried to compile RTEMS itself. Then I downloaded the pre-compiled
rpm's, and I got the same result.

The last messages are:

checking for RTEMS Version... 4.5.0
checking host system type... i386-pc-cygwin32
checking for a BSD compatible install... (cached) /bin/install -c
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... (cached) yes
checking for working aclocal... found
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... found
checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles...
no
checking for Cygwin environment... no
checking for mingw32 environment... no
checking for executable suffix... configure: error: installation or
configuration problem: compiler cannot create executables.
configure: error: ../../../rtems-4.5.0/tools/build/configure failed for
tools/build
Could not successfully configure into build-i386-rtems!

Some ideas about the problem?

Camilo Alejandro Arboleda.