ACE/TAO and RTEMS

Erik Ivanenko erik.ivanenko at utoronto.ca
Wed Mar 14 14:38:44 UTC 2001

Here's my two cents:

I only got the basic ACE/TAO primitive types working.  ie. Stuff that
says, "here is how long a float is" etc.... The problems I had were due
to ACE/TAO wanting a "complete" POSIX implementation -- it wants you to
provide libs that were unnecessary to the task you want to do.

In short, the implementation was monolithic, not modular -- it assumed a
full set of underlying OS primitives.  This includes all the funky task
scheduling and networking operations, even if you don't use them.

Of course you should just be able to stub them out, but that's more than
simply porting.....

--

Erik Ivanenko
CCMS Supervisor