make cross -> as: unrecognized option `-mc68020'

Chris Stich cstich at decrc.abb.de
Wed Mar 21 15:22:30 UTC 2001

Hi,

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> Chris Stich wrote:
> > Must the "normal" as in /bin support mc68xxx?
> No. This is supposed to be the native assembler (here:
> i386-pc-cygwin).
Ok, that's what I got.

> > Because I built the m68k-rtems-as.exe in the
> > D:\cygwin\gcc-m68k-rtems\bin path.
> I am not sure what you are trying to say.
I got one as.exe with -mc68020 capabilty in
cygwin/gcc-m68k-rtems/m68k-rtems/bin and m68k-rtems-as.exe in
/cygwin/gcc-m68k-rtems/bin with 68020 capability too.
And I set the path to both directories.
And I have the as.exe in /cygwin/bin without 68020 capability.
The "make cross" breaks with the error I wrote and it seems so, that the
make cross tooks the none cross as from /cygwin/bin.

> > Maybe in one of the makefiles there is the prefix for the cross missing?
> > Am I wrong?
> I presume, you might have PREFIX/m68k-rtems/bin in $PATH.
> You should have the directory in $PATH which contains m68k-rtems-as.
Yes.

I there anything else wrong?

Thanks, Chris