Rtems and C++ -- code examples?

Rosimildo da Silva rdasilva at connecttel.com
Thu Mar 22 00:39:42 UTC 2001

Tom Knox wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Does anyone have a good example of a C++ project that uses RTEMS/RTEMS++?
> Something a little more involved than the "test" project for RTEMS++ would
> be greatly appreciated.

I did not understnad what you ask, but this is huge C++ framework that
works with RTEMS:

http://www.uk.research.att.com/omniORB/omniORB.html

If you meant the librtems++ wrappers, I would not recommend it.
Not to offend anyone, but that code is one of the worst peace
of C++ code that I have seen. :-)

When I've looked at it, and noticed that everything inherits from
RtemsStatusCode or something like that, I decided in one minute that
was totally useless.

Inheritance is when you have an *is an* relationship, and that
code make anyone to puke.

A semaphore is NOT a status. A semaphore may contain one status.

I usually, use the omnithread library for threads, semaphores, mutex,
etc. It has a nice interface and provides multi-paltform capabilities.
It allows you to test your code under Windows/Linux/Solaris etc.

I am sorry for whoever wrote that code.
I am not trying to affend you.

Rosimildo da Silva            rdasilva at connectel.com
ConnectTel, Inc.              Austin, TX -- USA
Phone : 512-338-1111          Fax : 512-918-0449
Company Page:  http://www.connecttel.com
Home Page:     http://members.nbci.com/rosimildo/