Rtems and C++ -- code examples?

Erwin Rol Erwin.Rol at q-soft-engineering.com
Thu Mar 22 10:29:51 UTC 2001

Rosimildo da Silva wrote:

> Tom Knox wrote:
> >
> > Hi there,
> >
> > Does anyone have a good example of a C++ project that uses RTEMS/RTEMS++?
> > Something a little more involved than the "test" project for RTEMS++ would
> > be greatly appreciated.
>
> I did not understnad what you ask, but this is huge C++ framework that
> works with RTEMS:
>
> http://www.uk.research.att.com/omniORB/omniORB.html
>
> If you meant the librtems++ wrappers, I would not recommend it.
> Not to offend anyone, but that code is one of the worst peace
> of C++ code that I have seen. :-)

from the MFC sources:

The inheritance tree
CObject <- CCmdTarget <- CWnd <- CView <- CCtrlView <- CListView
                         CWmd <- CListCtrl

_AFXCVIEW_INLINE CListView::CListView() : CCtrlView(WC_LISTVIEW,
	AFX_WS_DEFAULT_VIEW)
	{ }
_AFXCVIEW_INLINE CListCtrl& CListView::GetListCtrl() const
	{ return *(CListCtrl*)this; }

no wonder they need pointer casts to be posible in C# :-)

- Erwin