[Fwd: Re: more network problems.]

Wed May 23 11:57:56 UTC 2001

This was sent to me personally and I am shooting it
back to the list.

--joel

-------- Original Message --------
From: rwas rwas <mc68332 at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: more network problems.
To: Joel Sherrill <joel at OARcorp.com>

> Usually search'ing for the message in the driver
> source is a good start.  :)

I did. The error message is not contained in the
driver code.

> In this case, it is because the driver does not seem
> to support the
> SIOCGIFFLAGS ioctl call.  This does not appear to be
> a fatal problem.

This error seems to occur within
rtems_bsdnet_initialize_network().

I have traced this crudely into the rtems code and
this error seems to come from the first socket() call
within rtems_bsdnet_initialize_network() although I
have no way to debug the os at this point. I have no
idea where to start looking for the problem.

If I do not call rtems_bsdnet_initialize_network(), no
error is produced, assuming I do no other network
calls. The driver apears to start up without error.

It's ultimately fatal because the netdemo code tries
to create a socket.

> > is the error I'm left with. I have tracked it back
> in
> > the os and not found anything. I don't begin to
> have
> > enough knowledge of RTEMS to know why this is
> > happening. I'm confused as to why a netdemo-4.5.0
> > package would not run straight out of the box as
> is.
> > I'm relying on the demo to educate me on how to
> write
> > apps
>
> SO you have no other messages?  Does the box reply
> to pings?  Does your
> network configuration have static information?

Robert Wasierski