CIN and COUT in C++ (and other objects)

Aaron J. Grier aaron at frye.com
Thu May 24 17:03:39 UTC 2001

On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 05:04:55PM -0400, Benshoof, William {AVL~Roswell} wrote:

> Has anyone developed some experience with cross-compiling CPU32-type
> code for C++ objects who can share some insight?

I have successfully done C++ with RTEMS on 68331.  a couple things to
check:  make sure your linker script knows about C++isms, so that the
constructors and destructors are being linked in, and make sure that
they are getting run, usually from lib/libbsp/shared/bootcard.c.  I
remember needing to add AM_CPPFLAGS += -DUSE_INIT_FINI to my BSP's
startup/Makefile.am before things started working.

--
  Aaron J. Grier   |    Frye Electronics, Tigard, OR   |   aaron at frye.com