help!who know the smallest application code size using RTEMS?

Fri May 25 12:09:32 UTC 2001

red-eye at 263.net wrote:

> rtems-users£¬
>        Hello,who can tell me the smallest application program(.exe)
> code size using RTEMS.
>       i use ERC32CCS.
>       i compile the samples/minimum ,and get .exe file without debug information ,it is 73k bytes,Can it become smaller?
>      if i want to get a smallest(in code size) application program using RTEMS ,how can i do? step by step!

How was RTEMS configured?  You may have optional things like POSIX and
ITRON
enabled.

You should also look at the symbol table (num) for the .exe to see what
pieces
are being pulled in.  Sometimes BSPs reference things they don't have to
and
have an impact on the minimum footprint.

Also remember that you are on a RISC architecture and that minimum.exe
is
not just the RTOS -- it includes BSP startup, shutdown, hardware
initialization,
any vectoring support, spurious interrupt handlers, reentrant C library
support,
etc.  It is a baseline for applications on a target board -- not simply
a measure
of executive size.