Cygwin Build

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Fri May 4 14:01:40 UTC 2001

Paul Evans wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> Before any one wastes time on this. I needed
> "export CC=gcc" before I ran configure. Which
> I thought I had. but my bash start files were mixed
> up.
Do _not_ set CC. Add a symlink called "cc" or "cc.exe" pointing to
your gcc rsp. gcc.exe, instead.

> However now, it fails with:
>
> checking for make/custom/m68k-rtems.cfg... configure: error: no
> configure: error: ../../../rtems-4.5.0/c/configure failed for c
>
> The second to last line looks cut off. Does anyone know
> what "error: no" means?
This message looks as if you might be setting RTEMS_BSP=m68k-rtems.

> > $ cat build_cmd
> > ../rtems-4.5.0/configure --target=m68k \
--target=m68k-rtems
> >     --disable-posix --disable-tcpip
--disable-tcpip does not exist. --disable-networking is probably
what you want.

> > --disable-cxx \
> >     --enable-rtemsbsp=m68k-rtems\
Yep, here is the confirmation of my assumption above: This is wrong.

Simply do not use --enable-rtemsbsp, but use
make RTEMS_BSP=<mybsp> after having run configure.

[<mybsp> is supposed to be one of the BSPs printed out at the end of
the configure run.]

> >     --prefix=/opt/rtems
Please use a different prefix instead with 4.5.0. Using
--prefix=/opt/rtems for building rtems interferes with the
toolchain's installation with 4.5.0 and after.

Ralf

--
Ralf Corsepius
Forschungsinstitut fuer Anwendungsorientierte Wissensverarbeitung