more network problems.

Joel Sherrill joel at OARcorp.com
Mon May 21 16:09:19 UTC 2001

rwas rwas wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm reposting this in case it got missed among all the
> other "Re: network build"s.
>
> "Can't get ep flags: No such device or address"

Usually search'ing for the message in the driver source is a good start.  :)
In this case, it is because the driver does not seem to support the
SIOCGIFFLAGS ioctl call.  This does not appear to be a fatal problem.

> is the error I'm left with. I have tracked it back in
> the os and not found anything. I don't begin to have
> enough knowledge of RTEMS to know why this is
> happening. I'm confused as to why a netdemo-4.5.0
> package would not run straight out of the box as is.
> I'm relying on the demo to educate me on how to write
> apps

SO you have no other messages?  Does the box reply to pings?  Does your
network configuration have static information?