BSP for Coldfire 5206e

mcollins at hawkeye.sps.mot.com mcollins at hawkeye.sps.mot.com
Wed May 23 17:09:32 UTC 2001

Brett Swimley wrote:

> I'm working on a BSP for the Cadre MC5206EC3 board that is a work in
> progress using RTEMS 4.5.0 - but it is running :)
>
> The current state of it has the rtc and the UARTS Running, but I have some
> cleanup work left to do.  No network support as of yet.
>
> I've merged Dave Fiddes' latest patches into the RTEMS toolchain as well -
> so you can get the 5206e hardware divide as  well as all of the other neat
> fixes.
>
> I can send you what I've got - but I'd like to clean it up a bit first.
>
> Let me know if you want what I've got, or if you'd rather wait a few days.

  I'm not familiar with the Cadre board, however I recently inherited an
SBC5206 board from a departing manager.  Do you know if your 4.5.0 BSP
would work on that hardware?  If not, do you suppose it would be better
to start with the old 4.0.0 BSP or the one you're doing for 5206e?  I've
been working with 4.5.0 for a while on a 68331, so I'd prefer not to
step back to an earlier release, however I could use this 5206 board
if I can get it working in relatively short order.

(Of course, this assumes someone hasn't already ported the SBC5206
BSP to 4.5.0 already.  If that's been done, then I'm in much better shape
to begin with.)

					-- MC --
mcollins at wdc.sps.mot.com