mips hangs during startup

gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov
Fri May 25 17:28:50 UTC 2001

I'm not sure this is your problem, but PMON has to keep the exception
vector in order to singlestep, when you overwrite it, your code is
going to get the exceptions.  If you really must singlestep after you
take the exception vector, you might modify cpu_asm.S to call back to
PMON's handler when the single-step exception comes in.  If you have
the PMON source handy, it  keeps a vector table of interesting
routines which you could call into without much trouble.

I can't duplicate your problem because our PMON won't singlestep
properly (we'll fix it at some point...).

Gregm