RTEMS or1k platform port

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Wed Nov 14 13:20:58 UTC 2001

Am Don, 2001-08-02 um 14.23 schrieb Ivan Guzvinec:
> Hello,
>
> I'm currently maintaining RTEMS port for OpenRisc1000 platform and I
> would need some help in order to get things started. Problem is that
> developer that ported RTEMS to or1k platform, AFAIK, decided not to
> pursue this project anymore.
>
> I would like to to see if there is anyone interested in helping with the
> project.
> As this e-mail is being written I'm trying to compile current snapshot
> of RTEMS or1k port with very little success. Snapshot comes with no
> configure, Makefile.in, aclocal.m4 scripts/files
Really? They ought to be in.

The standard procedure to re-generate them is to run ./bootstrap from
the toplevel of RTEMS' source-tree.

> and I can't figure the
> right way of building them using autoconf, aclocal, automake,... as I
> have almost no experience using these tools.
Note that the snapshots are using autoconf-2.52 and automake-1.5 (Joel
promised to put rpms on ftp://ftp.oarcorp.com)

> If there is anyone interested, please take a look at the port source and
> post some hints or suggestions on how to deal with this problem.
If they were into RTEMS's source tree, this would not be a major deal.

However, IIRC, last time somebody was working on an or* port there were
major problems with the or-tool-chain being based on some outdated
version of the gnu-toolchain, and therefore the toolchain did not make
it into RTEMS's standard toolchain packages.

As a consequence of this probably nobody tried to build this port since
then.

> or1k port of RTEMS can be found at
> http://www.opencores.org/cores/or1k-new/rtems/
> It should be a working kernel that runs on or1ksim simulator (link to
> source and info can be fond on abovementioned URL).
> Any questions regarding the or1k platform and simulator can, with great
> probability, be answered by me so feel free to ask.

I am willing to assist you wrt. the autotools and integration into, but
can't actually perform any actual testing, due to personal time
constraints (I am a volunteer myself, being unpaid for RTEMS work and
having other obligations.).

Ralf