New Old Release -- RTEMS 3.2.1 Available

Joel Sherrill joel at OARcorp.com
Fri Nov 30 01:27:08 UTC 2001

Hi All,

A number of you have asked about the Ada implementation of RTEMS.
I have dug it out of the archives and placed it at

ftp://ftp.oarcorp.com/pub/rtems/releases/3.2.1/

I have also written a short commentary on what lead to parallel
C and Ada implementations and why there is now only a C
implementation.  It is in the README file.

Not surprisingly, this old release comes with some warnings.
The biggest one is that the contents of the directory are provided
AS IS with no support.  Except for a new README, this should
be exactly what was available on the old Army RTEMS server.
When I say exactly, that is what I mean.  It even includes
the old order form to get tapes and printed documentation
(don't even think about it :) and has OAR at its old address.

So it is there.  It worked when it was cut.  No guarantees.

NOTE:  When looking for 3.2.1, I also found version 1.2.0.
This release was cut approximately Februrary 1991.  At that
time, RTEMS already supported multiprocessing on the m68020
and i386 but had no C Library support at all. :)