TFTP put problems

Eric Norum eric.norum at usask.ca
Fri Nov 16 16:50:35 UTC 2001

Davide Del Vento wrote:

> Hi all again.
> I successful configure my system that now work: from my RTEMS TFTP client I
> can download files in my linux server.
>
> I would like to upload something, as stated by Eric in message:
> http://www.oarcorp.com/rtems/maillistArchives/rtems-users/2001/april/msg00073.html
>
> But I obtain "Open failed" when I try the
> fopen("/TFTP/myipnumber/myfile", "w");
>
> I have a look at my server log and (very strange!) I found that the client
> tries to read myfile, instead of write!
>
> Obviously my server is well-configured and I can upload files from other
> sources, and when I do it, the log doesn't show any read request, only
> write.
>
> In old messages (eg.
> http://www.oarcorp.com/rtems/maillistArchives/rtems-users/2000/september/msg00031.html
> )
> many people say that TFTP doesn't support write...
>
> Was Eric wrong?
> Or is the upload feature be activated in same way?
>
> I use rtems-4.5.0

TFTP write operations are a more recent addition.  4.5.0 is getting
*very* out of date.

Uploads did work, and do work here, but I see that the TFTP driver in
the latest snapshots has lost some changes needed to support write
operations.  I've sent a patch to Joel so the next snapshot should have
write operations working again.

One thing to remember is that, for security purposes, many TFTP servers
require that the file already exist before it can be opened for writing.

Eric Norum                                 eric.norum at usask.ca
Department of Electrical Engineering       Phone: (306) 966-5394
University of Saskatchewan                 FAX:   (306) 966-5407
Saskatoon, Canada.