information about resources of actual application

Chris Johns cjohns at cybertec.com.au
Tue Oct 2 03:47:23 UTC 2001

Joel Sherrill wrote:

> I believe most of the Classic API services support the unlimited option.
> Chris does this work with the POSIX API as well?

I have not used the POSIX API or looked at the code. If the POSIX API
uses only allocated space within the score object it should work. If
POSIX performs any extra allocations per object or group of objects then
you will have problems.

> I know the ITRON API has a funny notion of IDs that made unlimited
> not supported for now.

I am suprised by this. I used only the internal score interfaces to
access and manage objects. Could it be something in the ITRON api that
is assuming a layout etc for the objects ?

--
 Chris Johns, cjohns @ cybertec.com.au