PPP via message queues

gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov
Mon Oct 22 19:05:09 UTC 2001

Hi,

Our application sources and sinks a serial stream which we'd like to
hook up to the RTEMS pppd.  From browsing around the PPP tree, I found
where sys-rtems.c does read() and write(), presumably talking to a
RTEMS serial device.  I'd like to either put a pty in there or a
message queue.  I saw some references in rtemsmain.c to pty support,
so I'd like to go that way if possible.

Is there support for pty-like things in RTEMS?  And if so, any hints
about where to look for them would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg Menke